10 Must-Read Blogs for Business Owners
Keeping your business not only afloat, but successful and ahead of the pack, can be tough. Let’s face it, everybody knows something but nobody knows everything. That being the case, connecting with a handful of reliable outside resources can be a game changer. Fortunately, there’s plenty of accessible expertise out there.
Here are ten must-read blogs smart business owners will find especially useful.
- Noobpreneur. This award-winning blog/small-business magazine shares trends, insights, ideas and tips from business owners, experts and other professionals. Recent posts include “Make Your Attitude Maximize Your Potential in the Business World” and “Why Should I Build a Mobile Version of My Website?”
- LinkedIn Today. LinkedIn uses your profile information to tailor blog posts to your professional interests. Recent examples include “Are You a Broke Entrepreneur Like Me? Here Are Some Options” and “4 Business Metrics Everyone Needs to Know.”
- Jackie Huba. Jackie Huba devotes her blog to building customer loyalty and turning customers into brand ambassadors. Among other topics, she recently posted on “Gaining Loyalty: Sometimes It’s as Simple as Responding When a Customer Reaches Out” and “Study: Outstanding Customer Service = $$ and More Word of Mouth.”
- Entrepreneur Latest. Housed on content- and resource-rich Entrepreneur.com, this blog covers a mind-boggling array of topics, from “8 Ways to Clear Your Mind of Stress” to “Don’t Let Adversity Keep You Down. Here’s What Every ‘Comeback Kid’ Knows.”
- Small Biz Survival. Although blogger Becky McCray and her contributors primarily target small-town entrepreneurs, this site offers a wealth of information useful to all business owners. “Doing and Growing,” for example, talks about hiring your first employee, while “Leveling Up,” addresses steps to take when you’re read to kick it up a notch.
- Small Business Brief. This is an action-oriented blog is designed to lay out concrete how-tos for small-business owners and their employees with posts like “9 Landing Page Goofs that Make You Lose Business” and “4 Summertime Email Tactics to Spur Sales.”
- Duct Tape Marketing. John Jantsch is a nationally recognized (by Forbes and Huff Post, among others) marketing strategist who offers tips and advice that have proven effective in the dog-eat-dog world of small business. His posts include “How to Build a Newsletter People Will Actually Read” and “Will Online Marketing Help You Save Money?”
- Killer Startups. From startup to beyond, this blog offers a smorgasbord of great information and useful tools for business owners. Recent posts include “A Brand New Way to Find Bloggers to Write about Your Startup” and “Are You Ready to Boost Your Productivity?”
- Copyblogger. The blog where content is king and strategic advice on ways to increase traffic, subscribers and revenue abounds. Sample posts include “How to Use LinkedIn to Drive Leads and Make Sales” and a Q&A with the audience.
- Google for Small Business. A great blog if you want to stay current on new releases and learn how to use Google tools. You’ll also find posts like “Five Ways to Grow Your Business this Small Business Week” and “It’s Time to Put America’s Small Businesses on the Map.”
Jack Signorelli is the owner of soundviewadvice.com and is an expert at business coaching.
What blogs do you recommend? Talk to us in the comments.
Fivenson Studios is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our graphic design team specializes in logo and webpage design, as well as marketing campaigns for social and print media. From flyers and brochures to targeted landing pages, we aim to bring your company into the spotlight and reach a greater range of potential customers.